Matt Hughes: Former UFC Champion Will Not Be Charged for Alleged Bar Fight

UFC Hall of Fame member Matt Hughes will not be charged for his alleged role in a bar fight.

TMZ.com, spoke to the Illinois State’s Attorney regarding the incident. The website was told that no charges will be filed against the former UFC welterweight champion due to insufficient evidence.

Earlier in May, TMZ reported that a source that had been present at the Trails End Bar and Grill in Taylor Springs, Illinois told them, “Hughes got into an argument with a male bar patron…which led to some forceful shoving.” The website continued, “Sources tell us…the woman is alleging Hughes pushed the other man into her…and she suffered a broken nose in the collision.”

Hughes’ last fight was against BJ Penn on November 20, 2010. Penn won that fight in stunning fashion, knocking Hughes out in 21 seconds.

In late April UFC president Dana White announced that Hughes would meet Diego Sanchez at an as yet unnamed venue: “A matchup between two welterweight fan favorites has been verbally agreed to as Diego ‘The Dream’ Sanchez will face former UFC welterweight champion and Hall of Famer Matt Hughes. Sanchez is coming off of a Fight of Night winning performance against Martin Kampmann and Hughes is looking to add another great victory to his incredible UFC career.”

Hughes later posted on his website, “As some of you may have already heard, my next fight will be against Diego Sanchez on September 24th in Denver, CO. That’s all I know as of right now, I’ll post more information as soon as I can.”

Read more UFC news on BleacherReport.com

Courtesy of :Bleacher Report – UFC